Thursday, September 4, 2008

We arrived in Sumy at 8:30 am after a 4 hour drive from Kiev. I was able to sleep, but the others were not so lucky. I guess I have better sleeping aids! We got to the ophanaged just as Artems class was taking a break. All of a sudden he was out of the door, and ran into my arms. I screamed and held him so tight! I gave him a kiss on the head, then turned him over to Kent. Then we waited a minute for Sasha. He also ran out from the door into my waiting arms. I can't believe that we are even here. It all seems like a dream. They look so good, just the way we remembered. I have it all on video, not to worry. We went into the the orphanage directors office and sat there for an enernity for the director. His assistant took charge of the meeting, with the social worker and medical personal. They asked us a bunch of questions and the boy's. We were informed of there medical backgrounds and medical issues. Then we were done. We were then informed that we needed to meet with their older brother, Maxim. It went really well. He is a good kid. We hung out at the orhpanage for a while, and then went back to our apartment to sleep. Did I mention we are so tried!

I am a day behind, sorry. It is late, and yes, we are still majorly tried. Tomorrow we will have more time to write, as we don't have to go and go and go. All we have to do right now is to wait for our court date. If all goes as planned it will be either Wednesday or Thursday.

I will write a lot more tomorrow.

I miss my Kids!


Louise and Ray Evenson said...

Thank you so much for sharing. We are feeling your joy!! Love seeing pictures.

Margie said...

Hi Artem, I will call you tomorrow. Take lots of pictures.
Say hi to Igor, Igor macupyra, Loesha,Nastia and my class friends. American school is at 6:00, not 8:00. American schools are big.
Goodbye, Misha

ann said...

It is so great to see the pictures and hear the details. I am jealous but very happy for all of you that are there. Sounds like a party! Keep the pictures coming! Ann